NUGGNANG

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cry , its all right

*deep sigh* last weekend has brought its toll down on me . My uncle Lee Seng Seng passed away on Saturday 12th April 2009 , it hit me considerably hard as he was always kind hearted even though he always nagged us about safety he was only thinking of us .

My dad and I made our way to grandmother's house to see him and give support to poe poe aka grandma (as we call it , laugh and I'll fucking smack your head) . Since he was 53 there was a possilibity of having to do a autopsy but thanks to the understanding of the police Sargent of the Police Department at Jalan Travers we didn't need to desrespect my grandmothers wishes .

On Sunday Dad and I went for his service at Nirvana Memorial Centre on Jln Sungai Besi , this was my second unfortunate experience at a Chinese service . Arrived at 6 PM , greeted everyone there including uncle's friends, family friends and ect.We were told the basic things we had to do , such as going around the coffin as many times wanted and offering a flower (yellow lily) to him by placing it in a glass bowl filled with water.I was the only non religious participant.We all had to pay respect by having 4 rituals each lasting about 30 minutes or so and having a break of about the same time in between. We started at 7 and ended at 11 .His service lasted two days before finally cremating him at Shah Alam Memorial Garden/Cremation centre.


Yesterday (Tuesday) we all made our way to the parlour at 7 AM to say our final goodbyes' and pay our last respects .I cried as the last service was held before transporting him to Shah Alam.Our mode of transportation was by bus .Reached there about 12 + PM and we all sat down.He coffin was loaded on to the girdle and we all said a prayer.I cried alot more this time.Being the eldest nephew (he didn't have children nor was he married) I had the "honour" of being the urn carrier as we made our way to Semenyih to "earn his place" at the compartment , I was scared of course as I am very clumsy (I remember when Uncle referred to me as clumsy number 2 :( . Thankfully I didn't drop it and everything went smoothly . Payed respect to grandfather while we were there and we went to have early dinner .

I didn't have the chance to properly say goodbye to Uncle Seng but I hope he'll be the same ol' person where every he is . Thanks for the memories Uncle Seng , I'm sorry for everything :(

No comments: